1.25.2006

The reasons

An elementary school teacher expresses her despair in the future to raise children of her own, probably because that she has been seeing lots of kids in her school suffering from careless parents. I understand that. Although for myself, I have two reasons I want to grow with my kids in the future.

One of them is the inspiration by Oe Kenzaburo's writing about his interaction with his son. I believe that no matter what kind of physical condition a kid is given to live in this world, it is the responsibility and the lesson for the parents to learn how to deal with it and learn the message kids bring onto this world, rather than taking a hesitating step from the over-threatening environment.
The second reason has to do with previous experience in my life after giving myself a second thought to this disagreement with the rationally engaging teacher. I have lost those who are critical to me at the times when they were not knowing anything about relationships. I realize my desperate eagerness has something to do with that.

(Not) surprisingly, such memory has the silent power over me even now.

(I still remember, you cried, after watching that movie)

No comments: