9.29.2005

What kind of world is this?

Looking for some intersting photos by browsing the online newspaper is always a good resource of information, cause words can be sugared, but pictures can't. However, the picture I saw today really surprises me...

"After a road construction, a citizen in Taichung city found that the concrete cover for sewer is actually made by styrofoam(保力龍). He stepped onto the "fake" concrete and hurt himself...
What can I say....

While watching Da-ai's drama everyday, I doubt what how is the charity and compassionate donation useful to this part of Taiwan? If the donation only goes to glorify the visbile part of good deed, and the honor goes to the people who contribute to the charities rather than getting diffused to the rest of the society, there is no good chance of transformating the whole society. The materially rich becomes "morally" rich, and the materially poor stays "morally" poor. (The reason I put it in quotation is that I don't think the donors of money are actually morally leading the society, even if they go up to the TV show and demonstrate what they did is of no help!)

Sigh, pessimistic and cynical I became...

No comments: