11.24.2004

Buffalo 66

It is a sad and messy movie, but I like the actress Christina Ricci so much. IF I am going to make a film about American Lolita, she will be the only character for me. She has the mixture of sexy and innocent feeling. Not in the way of being too erotic, but in a intimate, considerate way of presenting the feeling of familiar but not to sensatial... I am a big fan of hers!

Back to the movie. The movie was shown on the IFC (Independent Film Channel). It was created and directed by Vincent Gallo, a previous Calvin Klein model. He plays a loser kind of character who kidnapped a girl (played by Christina Ricci) in the beginning in order to show his parents some achievement such as taking a wife back home with him. The girl was asked to act like his wife. After an intentional acting, the girl became curious about the young man's life. In the end, the good will from the strange girl revitalize the young man. Although the happy ending seems cheap, but the process actually shows lots of absurdity and deep sadness of American family and love. I feel so drawn into the movie in this lonely, pre-Thanksgiving night.

To the memory of New Year's firework with diary writing in winter vacation as my first impression of being alone, I present the movie, Buffalo 66.

No comments: