2.24.2006

Pretentious Postures

As Confucius once said, there are people attitudinizing too much and also people acting too humble; when both qualities are balanced, a person can then be called "jun-zi"(「文勝於質則史,質勝於文則野;文質彬彬,然後君子。」)
Most of the time I am too much a pretentious guy rather than a humble person. I feel that my pretentious characteristic comes from long time ago, probably, starting from high school. Here is a proof from a photo taken by a friend at high school. Look how funny I was!
What was I doing then? lol...

But today, when I surfed online, I encountered another even more pretentious photo. All of a sudden, I feel much better about what I am always pretending, and I should really keep on trying what I think I can be... Well, surely, I admire the person in the photo without any sarcasm. His photo looks like this:

(While our hero was posturing in the make up of people in PNG... look what he is reading!)

And the link to his site is here.

No comments: